As a condition of auditioning for “Ascension Idol,” you hereby represent and warrant that the following statements are true and correct and that you agree to the terms and conditions contained herein:
- You must be currently enrolled as a student in a public or private school within Ascension Parish and be at least in the 6th grade.
- At each phase of the competition, you must present your student ID from the Ascension Parish School which you attend.
- Any songs chosen by the contestant should not contain vulgar language. Additionally, contestants should follow the dress code of their school’s Free Dress Days at all auditions and performances. Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in automatic disqualification. • You must follow all school rules and guidelines regarding behavior.
- Be prepared to sing a song of your choice a cappella (without music), no longer than three minutes in length. In the event that you are called back, you may be asked to sing two songs a cappella. Again, neither song should exceed three minutes.
- The number of songs, the type of songs and individual titles are subject to the approval of the Ascension Idol Committee.
- Please refrain from wearing any clothing items bearing designer or sports logos, bearing the name or likeness of a celebrity (living or dead), or any provocative or obscene apparel to any of the auditions.
- You will be required to fill out, sign and agree to all of the terms and conditions in our required forms. If you fail to complete any form, give any false information, or fail to reveal any pertinent information, you may be disqualified from the audition process.
- Both you and your parent/legal guardian must sign each of these forms.
- Application due dates for auditions is January 31, 2017.
- Auditions will take place on Thursday, February 2, 2017 at the Ascension Fund Office located at 117 West Ascension Street, Gonzales, LA 70737. Please make sure to fill out the time slot request area of the attached form.
- Once you have submitted a completed application, you will be contacted by phone or email and assigned a preliminary audition time.
- Preliminary Auditions are CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. You may have your parent/guardian present; however, NO CHILDREN will be allowed in the audition room.
- Contestants who advance to the Final Event will be contacted to meet with the Ascension Idol Committee. At this meeting the contestant will be interviewed and will also choose a song from a karaoke list provided by the Committee. The song chosen at this meeting will be the song the contestant will sing the night of the Final Event. More information will be provided to the contestant regarding the Final Event at this individual meeting.
- The Final Event will be Friday, February 24th at the Lamar Dixon Trademart Building at 7:00 PM where the contestants will perform the pre-selected song in front of a live audience that was chosen at their meeting with the Ascension Idol Committee.
- Please note that contestants must be available during these dates and times. However, these locations, dates and times are subject to change.
- The Grand Prize winner: $1,000 - One Thousand Dollars
- 2nd place: 40" Samsung Smart HDTV
- 3rd place: Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones
- Additional prizes may be awarded as available by sponsors.
- Disqualifications: We reserve the right to disqualify and/or exclude, in our sole and absolute discretion, any individual from any of the auditions for any reason including without limitation, violation of any portion of these rules, or tampering with the entry process or the audition process. We also reserve the right to change the rules and procedures at any time. Being chosen to audition and/or compete at any level in the process does NOT ensure that you will be selected to continue to the next stage.
- By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Ascension Idol Committee and the panel of judges, which shall be final and binding. We reserve the right to use the auditioning process for publicity and other purposes, and to use the name and likeness of those who audition and who arrive to audition, including friends, family or any other individual accompanying the participant, as part of that publicity and for other purposes, without compensation unless prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply. Dates and locations are subject to change. Any person or entity connected with the production, administration or judging of the auditions or the program, or any of their affiliates are not responsible for and shall not be liable for a contestant’s inability for any reason to appear at an audition site or audition or appear before the judging panels; any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by participating in the auditioning process or being selected to or disqualified from continuing in the auditioning process; or any printing, typographical or technological errors in any materials associated with the auditioning process.
- All decisions are made by the Ascension Idol Committee are final. The Ascension Idol Committee reserves the right to change the rules at any time for any reason.